|TDS- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate|
|Product Name: L-Ascorbic Acid-2-Phosphorusestermagesium
INCI Name: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate
Specification as per Japanese Cosmetic Grade
|Appearance||White, pale yellowish powder or granule|
|pH Value||7.0 – 8.5|
|State of Solution||Colorless to pale yellowish transparent liquid|
|Color of Solution||≤ BY6|
|Heavy Metals||≤ 20 ppm|
|Arsenic||≤ 2 ppm|
|Free Ascorbic Acid||≤ 0.5%|
|Free Phosphoric Acid||≤ 1%|
|Derivatives of Ascorbic Acid||≤ 3.5%|
|Ketogulonic Acid and its Derivatives||≤ 2.5%|
|Assay (Anhydrous)||≥ 95.0%|
|Total Aerobic Count||≤ 100cfu/g|
Suncare and after-sun products
Skin lightening products
Creams and lotions
1. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) is best used in products with a final formulation pH between 6.0 - 7.0.
2. The solubility of MAP in water is 154g/l at 25C/77F (that's at most 15.4%)
3. MAP is stable at 80C/176F for up to 20 hours; thus, it should withstand heating to this temperature for short periods in formulations without a problem. Therefore, it can be added to the water phase prior to heating.
4. You may also try to pre-disperse it in a small amount of distilled water and add at the end of the formulation process.
5. You may warm the solution to about 40°C (104°F) to dissolve MAP into solution.
6. Typical usage rate: 0.2 – 3%, up to 10%
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is a stable, water soluble derivative of Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic acid mono-dihydrogen phosphate magnesium salt). Unlike L-Ascorbic Acid, it does not readily degrade in formulas containing water. It is considered light-stable and oxygen-stable. Studies of MAP in aqueous solutions indicate it retains over 95% of its potency at 40°C without any pH adjustment.
By inhibiting tyrosinase activity, MAP is capable of suppressing skin pigmentation, making it effective in whitening dark skin, or areas of dark skin. It should be noted, one study indicated it might be needed at a concentration of 10% to be effective at inhibiting melanin production
Hot tags: Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate; L-Ascorbic acid, mono(dihydrogen phosphate), magnesium salt (1:1);Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate Powder; MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE (MAP); L-Ascorbic acid mono(dihydrogen phosphate) magnesium salt;ASCORBIC ACID 2-PHOSPHATE MAGNESIUM ESTER;MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, 98+%;Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate;Cas 114040-31-2;magnesium ascorbyl phosphate in skin care; China magnesium ascorbyl phosphate supplier; China magnesium ascorbyl phosphate factory; China magnesium ascorbyl phosphate Manufacturer;